Kaseya Community

Preparing for the new release...

  • Kaseya 2008 will be our first major release upgrade. For those that have been through major releases before is there anything we should prepare for? Aside from the usual backup the DB stuff, will the new release wipe out our custom scripts or theme? We plan on backing and exporting them anyway, but we'd like to prepare for the release. Will all agents need to be redeployed or will they update automatically?

    Aside from that we are extremely excited about the new release. Is the User State Management add-on module going to be included or is it an additional cost like BUDR?

    Legacy Forum Name: Preparing for the new release...,
    Legacy Posted By Username: CeruleanBlue
  • Prepare an image of your machine with all the services stopped and then verify it, then upgrade. I might even restore the image to another machine and make sure it works first. As far us we have ESX Virtual Machines, I will make a copy of the machine and then upgrade the non copy. Make backups of the database as an extra precaution, you never know what is going to happen with a release like this.

    Legacy Forum Name: General Discussion,
    Legacy Posted By Username: nate
  • Nah, real easy stuff guys. Last upgrade went like a charm.... for about 90% of the people, the other 10% didn't read the instructions!Big Smile

    Legacy Forum Name: General Discussion,
    Legacy Posted By Username: VNET
  • You can bet the User State Management will be an extra charge.

    The key wording is "Add-On Modules" that's another way of saying "Pay More".

    Reading the description in the pre-release document I must say I'm rather under-whelmed by this new module.

    I'm really having a difficult time seeing how it would even begin to be useful for our clients.

    A lot of this stuff is already handled by AD group policies.

    Legacy Forum Name: General Discussion,
    Legacy Posted By Username: misolutions.com
  • There is alot of little changes that make the overall flow of Kaseya better and give you more information at your figertips. Also some limitations in certain areas have been removed. You know what I mean, those little "well why does it do it this way" things. Alot of those were corrected. I think you will be happy with the upgrade. Besides, its free.. Smile

    God Bless,
    Marty

    Legacy Forum Name: General Discussion,
    Legacy Posted By Username: Missing Link
  • IDK about any other company but we are waiting for this release with great anticipation.

    We live by Kaseya and CW, with CW releasing their API's, man oh man, we will take over the world!

    Legacy Forum Name: General Discussion,
    Legacy Posted By Username: VNET
  • I can't wait for the upgrade either... I like the direction Kaseya is going (except for the extra charge for new add on module). BTW missing link it is not free... try and get the upgrade if you didn't pay for maint!!!Big Smile

    Legacy Forum Name: General Discussion,
    Legacy Posted By Username: boudj