Kaseya Community

Server 2008

• I have put in a support request with Kaseya, but I thought I may be lucky and get someone on the forum who has already gone through the Server 2008 Kaseya agent installation.

Currently we are using Server 2008 (RTM) for testing with Kaseya however the agent will not install successfully. The program files\kaseya is non-existant as well as the kaseya services dont exist yet. I havent seen anywhere specifically saying that 2008 is not supported yet so I am hoping my problem is something of a misnoma.

Has anyone got the agent working on Server 2008?

Legacy Forum Name: Server 2008,
    Legacy Posted By Username: sam.taylor
  • I just got rid of out 2008 testing server.

But I did have kaseya installed successfully on it.

While, it still wouldn't do patch scans (not supported), and a few other things, it still had the basic functionality of kaseya.

Maybe downloading the agent to the desktop, then going to add/remove programs and installing launch the install using that.

Good luck.

~Grant

Legacy Forum Name: General Discussion,
    Legacy Posted By Username: GrantB
  • I would estimate that Server 2008 support will be here at about the same rate as the Vista client. Before we had an official Vista client we could install the regular client and it seemed to work but had a lot of issues. Kaseya didn't release a Vista client until public availability of Vista was available. I believe they will do the same with 2008.

While I would prefer to have it a little sooner, at least I believe they will have it before we have clients with 2008.

Legacy Posted By Username: far182
  • You might want to try installing it in compatibility mode.

Legacy Posted By Username: jasonb