Does anyone know how we can change the text to German? Or if we can adapt it somewhere in the database? The agents are set to German but the message about a pending reboot is shown in English. This confuses our users who don't know English.
Your best bet is to talk to Kaseya Support for this one as this message is a inbuilt one and can't be modified in the VSA interface.
There is an option to install language for the VSA portal however I don't think it changes messages on agent side.
Alternatively without making edits to the Ksubscribers SQL database you could create a reboot agent procedure with a prompt in your language and add it as the post patch procedure and disable the default patch reboot action.
Thank you for your answer, I have already opened a ticket and it was recommended to set the system language to German. I have just tested this and the message will still be in English. Of course, your solution is a good alternative but I think Kaseya needs to change that because if I set the system to German, even hard coded messages should appear in German.
I was just informed that I had already reported this bug on 10.07.2018 Seems like I missed that. But sorry this is really sad that after 2 years this is still not fixed. Can someone tell me in which table this information is in the database so I can change it?
Long term using a custom reboot script would be the better option because when you apply any Kaseya VSA Server updates these modification you make to database might get undone and making modification to the database could break things.I'm not a SQL DB admin so use this information at your own risk, I provide you with this information as an intellectual experiment and neither myself or my employer MSP Builder accept any responsibility how you use it, and or if it causes any problems.
Before you attempt any of this I would strongly recommend that you backup your Kaseya Database before you make any attempts and consider getting a DB admin to help you with this. You could even talk to Kaseya support and ask them about it see if they can let you know if this would work and if they can provide you with any help.The first thing you can try is update the message in system procedures XML files and do a Reapply Schema. The System Scripts XML files are located in the following path on your On-Prem server's install path
I suspect these procedures are used during the Schema update to rewrite the System script, however I could be wrong as I have never attempted this. If this method if done correctly it could be safer than editing database directly and can be easily updated after Kaseya releases any new updates. Also very important make a backup copy of any of the XML files that you plan to edit.The particular message that you are looking for is in the SMScripts.xml file, and is related to the SM: Reboot-Warn-Yes (ID=60009) system script. In my copy of this file I found the line that you want to edit on line 162. A potential obstacle that you might run into are invalid characters, the German language uses many special characters that could break the script, to help you figure this out create a test agent procedure with a send message command where you can put your German translation of the reboot message in. Export that procedure and copy the message from the export into the SMScripts.xml replacing the English message.Once you are happy with this, make a copy the edited SMScripts.xml strip out all of the other procedures (this will require some basic XML editing knowledge) and import the script into your private folder in Kaseya. If it import successfully and you can run in against a test machine without any issues then you can move on.With your fully updated SMScripts.xml file located in the ..\Kaseya\WebPages\ManagedFiles\VSASystemScripts path, take the precautions you would normally do when you apply Kaseya Updates to your VSA and then use the Reapply Schema to update the server. This process can take around 30 min.The second method that I'm certain that will work but will get overwritten possibly every time you update your Kaseya VSA server is to directly edit the database.Below is the SQL query I used to find the system procedure by the script id (60009);
SELECT * FROM [ksubscribers].[dbo].[scriptThenElse]where scriptid in (60009)
You will need to write your own SQL update command as I don't have a Database that I can test this with.Good luck and if you go ahead with this and let us know how you got a long as I'm sure there are others that might be interested.HK
Hi, thank you for your competent information. These are good solutions and I will try them out during the course of the day. We back up our VSA server every 4 hours so that in case of an emergency a recovery could be done. I'll let you know here when I reach my goal. Thanks a lot