Kaseya Community

Software management shows no available updates

This question is not answered

Do you also have the problem that the software management does not show you available updates, but you go directly to the machine and search for updates via Windows Update, which are found and installed?

Verified Answer
  • Yes.. there is a race condition where our attempt to drop a table in SQLLite Agent side in order to add a column to the table, and the drop fails because the table is busy... causing future scans to fail.

SQLLite Tables present as .db Files under c:\ProgramData\...\...

The procedure in its simplest form deletes;

c:\ProgramData\Kaseya\Data\Endpoint\Instance_#guid#\Tasks\Databases\*.*

Which as I recall includes the files;

smscan.db

smscan.key

The procedure from Support includes logic to dynamically acquire the #guid# and the install drive (c:\) at runtime.

There are more advanced procedures that can look at the date/time of the file using powershell and compare it to the update date time of the server to identify Endpoints in a state where the smscan.db is older then the last VSA update, by way of Custom Fields (contact me directly if you need this)... but the fix is always the same... deleting the files effectively drops the table which is recreated properly at the next scan.

If a scan is already scheduled before the next deployment, it will run.  If not, you should run a new scan before attempting to deploy.

Make sense?

All Replies
  • make sure the latest ssu is installed and rescan.

• Yes, I had the same issue, it appears to have been a bug in .26, i logged a support case and they provided me with an agent procedure that deleted the local database used not he nodes for patch detections, and it fixed the problem, this was their response:

----------------------

Thank you for reaching out to Kaseya. Vikas here from Support Team.

This is being progressed as a reported defect where the Local database for SM scans on the agent is locked and stopping the scans from completing.  I have attached an agent procedure to delete the local DB file from the agent which will recreate a new DB and complete the scans.

Please run this procedure on all agents attached to the SM module to correct the scans.

Let me know the status of the vulnerabilities after this is run on the agents affected.

----------------------

• can you post this agent procedure?

• Yes.. there is a race condition where our attempt to drop a table in SQLLite Agent side in order to add a column to the table, and the drop fails because the table is busy... causing future scans to fail.

SQLLite Tables present as .db Files under c:\ProgramData\...\...

The procedure in its simplest form deletes;

c:\ProgramData\Kaseya\Data\Endpoint\Instance_#guid#\Tasks\Databases\*.*

Which as I recall includes the files;

smscan.db

smscan.key

The procedure from Support includes logic to dynamically acquire the #guid# and the install drive (c:\) at runtime.

There are more advanced procedures that can look at the date/time of the file using powershell and compare it to the update date time of the server to identify Endpoints in a state where the smscan.db is older then the last VSA update, by way of Custom Fields (contact me directly if you need this)... but the fix is always the same... deleting the files effectively drops the table which is recreated properly at the next scan.

If a scan is already scheduled before the next deployment, it will run.  If not, you should run a new scan before attempting to deploy.

Make sense?