Kaseya Community

MSPAssist Integration to Connectwise Manage

• The last I heard MSPAssist was working on improving their integration to update the agreement billing in Connectwise Manage for counts of managed machines.  Had anyone heard any progress on this?   I know with Connectwise announcing that they were going to discontinue the integration that they built, and Kaseya's response that "this won't be a problem", I was hoping for feature parity.  However quite honestly the biggest and most important feature for us at least of Connectwise's integration IS the agreement amounts updating.  

• Agreed.  An official answer on this would be greatly appreciated.  

Machine counts are the only component of the integration we currently use.  We are planning on holding off upgrading ConnectWise to 2019.6 until we know that those counts will continue to update.  No one I have spoken with at Kaseya has been able to let me know if the MSPAssist integration with offer that feature.

• Hey Joe - send us your data sync wish list!

Glenn

• For us the #1 feature is the machine counts on agreements to automatically update billing.  Anything else quite honestly falls under the category of "nice to have".  But the Agreement updates for machines counts to me are table stakes.  That directly affects or ability to bill the customer and collect money.

• Hi Jonathan

Kaseya and MSP Assist are working on additional functionality (outside of our existing combined ticket and config synch process) which will enable scheduled configuration-based synch.  

We will begin testing the new functionality shortly to ensure the performance and quality for our mutual customers and anticipate a production release in November.

***Please note the existing ticket synchronization- include config item updates will continue***

The new scheduled configuration-based synch feature will include:

• Scheduled synch (max of 1 synch every 24 hours) or at a specified time of the week/month i.e. Sundays at 3pm

• Synch will check for existing configurations; matching on AgentGuid, FullMachineName (name.group.org) and Machine Name

• Synch of agents to agreements using Custom Fields to Agreement mapping

• Synch of agents to Agreement 'Additions’ using Custom Fields.to Addition mapping

The nature of agreements in ConnectWise allows for 1 configuration item to be attached to multiple agreements.  This means, from an integration point of view, we need a variable for each configuration item that can relate to multiple fields in ConnectWise, and hence our only option is the use of Custom Fields.  The same functionality will apply to the use of ‘additions’.

In addition, we require 1 application to be the primary source of data.  As ConnectWise is responsible for financials and the billing of your clients ConnectWise will be the “Primary Source”.  This means if you remove a config item from an agreement in CW it will no longer be added to the agreement as part of the scheduled synch.

We understand that this is a priority for our clients (old and new) and will be working to get this live as soon as possible.

If you have any further queries please contact your Kaseya Account Manager or contact me directly at steve@mspassist.com

Kind Regards,

Steve Wilson

MSP Assist

• where did all this complexity come from??   I would think the first goal was to replace the functionality lost by ConnectWise discontinuing their connector?  Phase 2 might be to add some functionality that doesn't exist. 

"The nature of agreements in ConnectWise allows for 1 configuration item to be attached to multiple agreements.  This means, from an integration point of view, we need a variable for each configuration item that can relate to multiple fields in ConnectWise, and hence our only option is the use of Custom Fields.  The same functionality will apply to the use of ‘additions’."

This is not an issue.   The CW connector upgrades 1 single agreement.  Where are these "Custom Fields" that you are referring to?  All you need to do is tie the ORG/Machine group to a ConnectWise ID, then Identify the Agreement, and the part numbers, and update the additions.  If someone is asking for a single configuration to be tied to multiple agreements, that is a new feature.

In addition, we require 1 application to be the primary source of data.  As ConnectWise is responsible for financials and the billing of your clients ConnectWise will be the “Primary Source”.  This means if you remove a config item from an agreement in CW it will no longer be added to the agreement as part of the scheduled synch.

Not functionality that exists currently.  On the ConnectWise "Configuration", there is a button that can be un-checked called "Bill Customer"  If for some reason they don't want to bill the customer, just uncheck the box.    ALL agents that exist in Kaseya should be billed, so Kaseya becomes the primary source of information.   If something gets deleted in Kaseya, it is marked as "Inactive" in CW, and no longer billed.

Please feel free to reach out if you want to discuss or review the ConnectWise connector in more detail.   Please don't let some obvious "Scope-creep" slow down your ability to release this before the 20th of November.

• I agree 100% with Chris's statements here.  I was thinking the same thing but he managed to articulate it much better than I could have.

• Yes. Thank you, Chris. Keep it simple and update a single agreement so our invoices update automatically. I'm not sure why you would want a managed workstation tied to multiple agreements.

• Hi All ... Unfortunately with simplicity comes complexity

The Solution will have to cater for all the various ways users sync configs which for some means a single agreement but for others it means multiple

So it will allow a single Agreement to be selected OR multple

It will have the option to update Additions on those agreements if required

You will be able to ignore the entire agreement sync and just update the Addition qty if you prefer(will be based on the Kaseya Agent Qty)

Controlling which machines sync and where the Additions totals come from will be via Kaseya Views which can include Custom fields are part of the view definition

The view is something you define .. so it can include ALL machines, or Exclude those in a Specific groups, or include/exclude based on a Customfield Value.

Thats the complexity

So it will allow you to configure such that :

A Single Agreement/Addition per Company is selected

A Single Kaseya View that includes all machgines is selected

And the Additions QTY can be either the sum of the agents in the Kaseya View OR the Sum of Configs on the Agreement

Cheers

Paul

• Paul, this all sounds great, just tell me it will be ready in 13 days! :)