Kaseya Community

Connectwise Manage /Kaseya Integration

This question is answered

WIth connectwise announcing they will discontinue to the legacy plugin for Kaseya to Connectwise manage in version 2019.6 we face the obstacle of finding the best replacement.

The managedIT sync running between the VSA and CW has been vital to our workflow.  We utilize ITGlue, but i don't feel the configuration creation and updating as as seamless.

I know that one option may be MSP Assist.  Can anyone speak PRO or CON on their experience with MSP assist?

Verified Answer
  • I'm looking for feedback on what MSPs want in a sync tool. We've got a universal sync tool we prototyped that's highly configurable and will communicate between RMM and PSA. It's targeted for Q4 release, so see my other post if you have features you'd like to see included. Initial release will support the VSA RMM and Cherwell & CW PSAs.

Glenn

All Replies
  • I called my Account Manager and also forwarded him the email from ConnectWise, asking him to validate what they were saying.  The response below seems to indicate that there won't be any impact to the sync between CW Manage and Kaseya VSA?

"Great to speak with you yesterday. Sorry for the delayed response regarding the below. As we've discussed, this is just a tactic by ConnectWise, to try to put uncertainty against Kaseya. Even if they discontinue the plugin, our clients can use MSP Assist to have integration between vsa and ConnectWise. I've already helped one client with this.

Anyway, nothing to worry about here and let me know if anything else like this comes up."

• MSP assist does not provide a full sync. and you lose the ability to do full reporting in connectwise...

• ManagedITsync is provided by CW.  If they discontinue then it no longer works.  More importantly of course we can continue with MSP Assist, but its a paid service whereas the former is free.  

We're likely going to have our API guru recreate the sync for us himself as we're already using a massive backend system to pull reporting from kaseya, meraki, proofpoint, cylance, webroot and CW into one master customer report now so this will just be an extension of it but was looking for feedback from the community.  

• I'm looking for feedback on what MSPs want in a sync tool. We've got a universal sync tool we prototyped that's highly configurable and will communicate between RMM and PSA. It's targeted for Q4 release, so see my other post if you have features you'd like to see included. Initial release will support the VSA RMM and Cherwell & CW PSAs.

Glenn

• We are using CW as our crm and VSA as our rmm solution. We are so much dependent on working of kaseya managed it sync while using for over a decade.

About your question; All agents or new added in any group in VSA get synced to PSA under respective company configuration. This is very helpful in audit, invoicing etc. Also executive summary report from psa can also be pulled.

[edited by: Rajeev Sharma at 8:22 AM (GMT -7) on Aug 16, 2019]
  • AND THIS IS WORDING FROM CW FOR VSA USERS

"We are discontinuing the ConnectWise-created plugin for Kaseya's RMM and ConnectWise Manage. The official end of life for this integration will be effective with the release of ConnectWise Manage 2019.6 in early November of 2019. ........."