Kaseya Community

Information gathering

This question is answered

I would like to run a procedure against a group which basically just pulls the results of Get-NetAdapter from these endpoints. I'd like to create some kind of report from it but i'm not exactly sure how to EASILY tie it all together. All I can think of to run the report is to plug the results into a custom field for the agent and then pull a report off of the custom field for all the agents. Is there any other way to pull this off or is that about the best way?

My objective is simply to have a list of all the net adapters, using Get-NetAdapter, for all endpoints (per endpoint) in a group. Thoughts, opinions, suggestions?

Verified Answer
  • Quick & dirty method would be to run the command via PoSh and have the output go to psresults, take the results and update your MCF.

Once all the MCF's are updated, add the column to your view & export to CSV, import into Excel & format as you please.

All Replies
  • We have a Daily Audit tool that collects nearly 200 data points, including NIC info, as shown here:

Network Card Count=1

NIC_0-Adapter_Description=Intel(R) Ethernet Connection (2) I219-V

NIC_0-Manufacturer=Intel

NIC_0-NIC_GUID={52D62CB9-533C-49D2-AE34-78B621C4F382}

NIC_0-Speed+Duplex_value=0

NIC_0-Speed+Duplex_text=Auto Negotiation

NIC_0-DriverVersion=12.13.17.4

NIC_0-DHCP_Enabled=1

NIC_0-IPConfig=10.0.12.16;255.255.255.128;10.0.12.1

NIC_0-Host+Domain Name=UW-57323.mspbuilder.com;mspbuilder.com;

NIC_0-DNSServerlist=10.0.0.8 10.2.0.8

NIC_0-DHCPLeaseInfo=10.0.0.16;1553557688;1554162488

NIC_0-InterfaceName=Ethernet

NIC_0-NICStatus=2

NIC_0-MACAddress=18:66:DA:49:DF:EB

Some of the data we collect in the audit is written to custom fields, but the entire data file is brought back via GetFiles. This runs daily and takes just 6-20 seconds to run and update VSA's custom fields.

We're about to release a tool that will consolidate specific fields from the individual results gathered from every agent into a single CSV file or user-supplied SQL database. This can be used for reporting or to drive additional automation.

If you are on-prem, you can write the results of your Get-NetAdapter to a file, use GetFile to retrieve it, then scan the VSA agent folders for those files, pulling the data and processing/formatting as needed. Our method uses the APIs to collect the data, so will work in SAAS and on-prem equally. Being able to scrape and consolidate the files directly from the VSA host has helped several situations where we needed to quickly generate reports like what you're looking for.

Glenn

• Quick & dirty method would be to run the command via PoSh and have the output go to psresults, take the results and update your MCF.

Once all the MCF's are updated, add the column to your view & export to CSV, import into Excel & format as you please.