Kaseya Community

Roadmap for 9.6

• Appreciate the feedback - we have a lot of clients who enjoy our remote products and the developments coming.

Traverse should be ready for you early 2019 after our beta process happening now.

• I have an issue with paying for monitoring licences. Monitoring is a basic function of VSA and needs to be included in the base price.....that's what we signed up for on day 1..

not we have classic monitoring, KNM (Which was marketed heavily as the hottest thing since sliced bread when it came out), and now traverse.

KNM is OK at the basic level, with 'free' monitoring if you have an agent installed, but it costs a full agent license just to monitor a printer or a firewall or a UPS. It's also not well integrated into the product (e.g. can't be controlled by policy, has it's own internal UI, it's own credential management, etc.) - clearly it's not a seamless integration, rather just a separate product that was just dropped into a module window & loosely linked to discovery.

I suppose I am not averse to paying for monitoring of, say, a VMWare server....but basic monitoring of simple SNMP devices (printers, soho routers, etc.) should be included.

PRTG is free for 100 sensors. That's what we use instead of almost doubling our annual Kaseya licence costs to check on a few toner levels and pick up on DSL & VPN dropouts from routers.

• Agree with Craig, that KNM was provided as greatest thing and then it's being replaced with a paid module doing what KNM was supposed to do.

Also when is 9.5.0.17 being released been over a month since release 9.5.0.16

Andy

• Agree with Craig too.

And the issue is that with all those changes, Kaseya is slowly becoming just a Device Inventory System.

Network monitoring moves to Passler PRTG (no updates to Monitoring, KNM is dead, if Traverse follows the trend, it will be replaced by something else soon)

Remote Control moves to Teamviewer.

Antivirus moves to Symantec / Trend Micro / others (Application and Device control is a must and the Kaseya application block does not cut it)

Backup moves to Veeam (or anything else)

Ticketing moves to xxx we moved from Ticketing to Service Desk and now there's BMS so I guess no more functions, improvements to both Ticketing or Service Desk.

Patching moves to Microsoft (can only decide to "delay patches" from W10 and on so what's the point..)

Kaseya's value is decreasing every year because for the same or more cost the number of products you can use either the 2005 versions (including bugs) or a patchwork environment made by multiple non-Kaseya systems.

Very far from the view of an integrated system that does most of what is needed.

Sure you could also buy the new modules that periodically pop out but they often get replaced by something else (Ticketing -> Service Desk -> BMS,  Monitoring->KNM->Traverse) so it is risky invest when the money could go on a product that is considered "Core" by the company that makes it.

Passler for example is 15 years in the market, you know they won't drop support / development of their PRTG after 1 year (plus they offer perpetual licenses so even if they do, you may eventually not care)

I would love to see a change in this trend.. our Kaseya installation is slowly disappearing by itself :-(

• - It pains me to say you're brutally honest post does ring true.

It's in my nature to see the positive and trusting Kaseya to do as they say and I really believe that at the time someone from Kaseya tells me what's going to happen and how things are going to go, it feels honest and true. So, it's not a deliberate ruse to trick us, pointing to serious Kaseya issues. Every Connect speech has promised to change and accelerate the way Kaseya is developed and maintained. For the last 3 years old coding has been pointed to as the main culprit for the slow rate of change and it's understandable in a way.

So, the question becomes when you stop believing and when you start to become annoyed and I bet the majority of long time users have reached that point some time ago. The next question is the important one. When does your annoyance carry you over to a new product. When are you sufficiently numbed by too many promises of doing better, that you don't mind the time and effort to just give up and move on. Sure, that's different for us users what you expect and get from Kaseya and it all depends on what you actively need.

I admit your list of alternative software is almost identical to ours. Some small differences remain:

Default Remote control is still Kaseya, although I don't like it and never have. After 3 years it's still meh. Teamviewer is used for non-Kaseya customers and as fallback option. The On Demand feature never gets used by us.

AntiVirus is mostly KAV, but rapdily becoming Webroot, for which integration is getting better and better in Kaseya and is a much lighter product to manage. KAV is and has been a mess for years.

Backup for us is SolarWinds and Veeam, although I believe the current Kaseya option is quite OK.

Ticketing has never been in Kaseya and BMS is too American and not much use to us.

Patching is supposed to be on the brink of becoming in Software Management what it should've been all along. That's providing the november patch for Kaseya actually releases, where new stuff is supposed to come out. Patch Management is a relic, not suitable for Windows 10 or 2016 at all. Unfortunately at the moment it's still a lot better designed in what it can do for Win 7, 8.1 and 2008 - 2012R2. So, waiting for the promised land of Software Management that can become real in a week or so, but is more probably still months and months away.