Kaseya Community

Kaseya SPF Include

• We are currently using Kaseya's BMS system. Whenever we create a ticket etc this will produce an email and send to us technicians along with the customer, however we and some of our customers use GFI/LogicNow MaxMail, which is treating all emails from Kaseya (including password reset ones).

GFI are stating that it is being quarantined due to an SPF fail our current SPF record is v=spf1 include:smtproutes.com include:smtpout.com -all and we need to add Kaseya SPF includes?

updated
    [edited by: Wesd84 at 7:44 AM (GMT -7) on Oct 12, 2016]
  • Are you asking for clarification about how SPF records work? An SPF record is a public DNS record in your domain's DNS zone that lists all servers for your domain that are allowed to send mail. It is a way to ensure that spammers can't spoof emails from your domain. It sounds like you need to add your Kaseya server to your public DNS SPF record.

The Microsoft Exchange team has a good blog post about this and a link to a wizard that helps generate an SPF record for you, if you need that help:

www.msexchange.org/.../Sender-Policy-Framework.html

Nate

• I know this is an old thread, but it's the first hit on Google for me so I figured I'd help by posting my thoughts.

If you've changed the sender address/domain in your BMS/VSA to use your own email domain, you must update your external DNS TXT/SPF record, to include the IPs/FQDNs from Kaseya's email network.

Here is the link to find the current IPs/FQNDs:

helpdesk.kaseya.com/.../115001086732-BMS-Vorex-IP-Addresses

If you're using Office 365, your TXT/SPF record may look like this:

v=spf1 include:spf.protection.outlook.com -all

To prevent the emails from Kaseya being caught in spam filters, you would update your TXT/SPF as below:

v=spf1 ip4:79.125.7.9 include:smtp01.kaseya.net include:spf.protection.outlook.com -all

This example does not take into account any additional entries you may require for things such as email marketing, contact forms on your website, or other external networks that send email on behalf of your domain.

PLEASE NOTE, I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY ISSUES INCURRED WHEN MAKING CHANGES TO YOUR EXTERNAL DNS. CONSULT A PROFESSIONAL EMAIL/DNS ADMINISTRATOR BEFORE MAKING ANY CHANGES.