Kaseya Community

Windows Server 2012 R2 SP1 App Log Error

• Hi Folks - I'm having an issue with a server recording the following errors in the App Event Log every few minutes:

"Unable to read Server Queue performance data from the Server service. The first four bytes (DWORD) of the Data section contains the status code, the second four bytes contains the IOSB.Status and the next four bytes contains the IOSB.Information."

There doesn't seem to be much info on the web about this error and what there is seems to apply to Windows Server 2008 - not 2012. It appears to be caused by a 32 Bit application running on my server which has more than 32 cores and I suspect the Kaseya Agent. I'm going to disable the agent on this server to see if the errors cease but was wondering if any of you magical gurus had run into this issue before and might be able to suggest an approach to resolving it.

Thanks.

• Zippo

What you say about kb for 2008 is correct it is about the number of logical cores, it is the same for 2008 and 2012, I think 2012 was increased to 64 cores for performance counters but it is easy to get a server with more cores., It has no impact on the system but the performance counters will not be correct.

• Well, the problem is definitely the Kaseya Agent. With the Agent disabled the errors have stopped. You'd think Kaseya would be making 64 Bit WMI calls when the situation requires it but guess not. I'll be removing the agent from this machine. I probably should put in a "Feature Request" to get this bug fixed, huh?

• Anyone know if this issue with the Agent remains in 9.1?

• I think this one is a Microsoft problem not Kaseya, Will probably be fixed in server 2015.

• That could be. I did find this KB article:

support.microsoft.com/.../2279566

• Excellent it will work if you use the 64 bit WMI counters. I will let you take that up with Kaseya.

• One would think they'd already seen it on their own equipment. We can't be the only ones who look at Event Logs.

• I agree. It would be interesting to know what Kaseya use to monitor and control the Kaseya Saas platform.