Kaseya Community

Your feedback needed: Marketing plans for free offering

• I'd LOVE your feedback on these offerings we are thinking about:

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/freemium1

Thanks!

Jeff

• http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/freemium1

• Done and done, all of those look like stuff that exists in some way in K2, but the improvements suggested would be pretty awesome :)

• Done.

Am I crazy, or are all the things in that survey already doable with Kaseya?  I didn't see anything "new" that really jumped at me.

• Yep - all of these things ARE doable with Kaseya (most of which are focused around KNM).  Now that I'm a marketing guy.... :)

I'm trying to find a set of free tools that we can push out to folks in a similar fashion to some of our competitors.  These tools would offer a level of functionality for free...with the intention of persuading some of those free users to upgrade to a more full featured solution.

Thanks so much for the feedback - keep it coming!

Jeff

• N-Able offers a "freemium", so NOT using that term would be job 1.  Their Free items or (services) are endpoint security licenses. So to look like you aren't trying to blatantly copy their entire "get your foot in the door" strategy, you're going to have to come up with something separate that is NOT already offered or can be accomplished in Kaseya.

Off the top of my head, a free "security audit" would be a nice way to get in the door and get your Kaseya agents planted.  Of course I would not be able to elaborate on the logistics of this, however taking a look at Panda Security's "Malware Radar" would give you a good idea of what I am suggesting.  It was developed solely to evaluate and audit an entire network and then return statistics of vulnerabilities ranging from Outdated Windows Updates to Malware/Infections, all performed easily from a distribution tool.  From there, you show the statistics and sell your product.

Here is a link to the Malware Radar.  www.pandasecurity.com/.../malwareradar

Sorry if that was too complicated, but I was trying to think outside of the box.

• Great feedback Matt - Thanks!

I've been chewing on a vulnerability scanner.  Retina, OVAL, or the like.  I'll take a peek at Panda's as well...

• You're welcome Jeff, glad to help.