Kaseya Community

Private messaging

This question is answered

Is this a feature that can be turned on? Do we need to add people to our friends list to do so or can only staff PM us?

Verified Answer
  • You should be able to PM any other users.  Click on their username and you should see links on the right for:  Follow (to be able to see wherever a friend posts) and Start a Conversation.

Let me know if this is an issue.

All Replies
  • You should be able to PM any other users.  Click on their username and you should see links on the right for:  Follow (to be able to see wherever a friend posts) and Start a Conversation.

Let me know if this is an issue.

• Got it, only some people allow conversations apparently based on profile. You can't start a convo with anyone who has convos turned off in their profiles:

Conversations Configuration

Allow Conversations From

Allow the following to start conversations with you

None    Friends Only    All Users

• You are correct, people can turn it off.  We'll just count them as grumpy.  :)

• If you turn it off Brendan will just start sending pop-up messages directly to the K agent on your PC!

• Heheheh...I don't think I could pull off that kind of invasive messaging.  One of my favorite K pranks at the MSP I worked for was to install the BSOD screensaver and set to come on after 1 minute.  Got em every time.  :)

• i bet you could Brendan.

;)