Kaseya Community

Stop mail notification for uninterested topics

• There's no topic for issues with this maddening new "forum" - so this will have to do!

As it seems Kaseya are going to ignore repeated requests to drop this silly new forum and stick with the old professional forum that worked perfectly well, guess we're going to have to live with it, even thought it will become a runt of a forum because many will find it too aggravating to participate.

So how do I stop getting periodic email notifications for topics I have no interest in and have never expressed an interest in? It's getting really annoying receiving snippets of some conversation I have no desire to be part of. As far as I can tell, the only way to stop it is to mute each individual thread. A normal forum only sends notifications to topics you posted on, not notification on everything and require you to turn off what you don't want.

• ditto.  the way i read it across a few messages, you receive notifications once you join a group, but must join the group in order to post replies.

i keep telling myself that it can't be that way, but every time i leave the group the notifications stop (entirely, including threads that i DO have interest in).   only to leave me needing to rejoin to add another comment.  

there just HAS to be a way to make it operate the way we ALL want it to.  i can't imagine a community portal designed without that functionality.  it just doesn't make sense!

• Yes, still not sure how to either turn on or off the mail notifications. They were on for everything initially, then off and I couldn't get them turned on anywhere.  Then all of a sudden they're back on for some things.  

I'm probably missing something somewhere.  I like the e-mail notifications for some items/boards, but I've got no idea where to make that happen.

• I strongly second to this option. its hard to get all emails coming from all topics in the group i joined when i am only interested on my threads and few others that i follow..

• PLEASE, OH PLEASE!!!  Can we drop this asinine new "forum" garbage software and go back to the excellent, perfectly working forum system we used to have, where we wouldn't get 15 e-mails a day from topics we haven't posted to, and where in 2 clicks I could quickly search the entire forum for a topic or keyword.  Yesterday I needed to hunt something down, attempted for 3 minutes unsuccessfully to find even a "search" button on the new forum system, logged into the old forum and searched and found what I was looking for in literally 15 seconds.

This new forum system is a total disaster.  It is a waste of my time, not only trying to use it, but in trying to STOP it from spamming me.  I have ALREADY set ALL my mail settings exactly as they should be, yet it continually ignores the settings.

Geez, you have a bunch of IT people here and WE CAN'T EVEN FIGURE OUT HOW TO USE IT!

• Ditto. My mailbox was flooded yesterday for stuff I never subscribed to. Need a way to fix this, or it just discourages community participation.

• We are working on the email changes so that you will only receive email for discussions that you participate in, or that you have manually subscribed to follow via email.

Global search is available in the upper right corner of every page.  

More changes are coming to make this community more usable.   Stay tuned.

• Brendan Cosgrove

We are working on the email changes so that you will only receive email for discussions that you participate in, or that you have manually subscribed to follow via email.

Global search is available in the upper right corner of every page.  

More changes are coming to make this community more usable.   Stay tuned.

Thank you Brendan!  That would be very helpful. 

While we're at it.  What about a "quote" button right next to "reply" so that you don't have to click into the rich text editor to do so?

How about a seperate forum just for the community portal.  So that we can ask questions and submit troubles without having to use the "Feature Request" forum?

• DNeuwir

Geez, you have a bunch of IT people here and WE CAN'T EVEN FIGURE OUT HOW TO USE IT!

It really makes you wonder how bad the user response is for non-tech boards based on this platform.

• DNeuwir

PLEASE, OH PLEASE!!!  Can we drop this asinine new "forum" garbage software and go back to the excellent, perfectly working forum system we used to have, where we wouldn't get 15 e-mails a day from topics we haven't posted to, and where in 2 clicks I could quickly search the entire forum for a topic or keyword.  Yesterday I needed to hunt something down, attempted for 3 minutes unsuccessfully to find even a "search" button on the new forum system, logged into the old forum and searched and found what I was looking for in literally 15 seconds.

This new forum system is a total disaster.  It is a waste of my time, not only trying to use it, but in trying to STOP it from spamming me.  I have ALREADY set ALL my mail settings exactly as they should be, yet it continually ignores the settings.

FYI: I just received a late and duplicate notification regarding this post in this thread at 4:51PM.  (at least the irony made me smile)

[edited by: cashmanifesto at 2:53 PM (GMT -7) on 9-24-2010] added quote
  • +1 to Rage to new system emailing me every ten seconds about things I dont care about.

That was of course until I created a rule in my mail client to filter them all to a folder that I can quickly sift through and look at the ones I am interested in, whilst keeping them separate from my main mailbox.

I mean really, Kaseya wants more community involvement, and realistically, there was not enough in the old forum.

I know for a fact that I am more involved now that I am getting these emails.

Agreed, however - You should DEFINITELY should be able to turn them off manually, and it shouldn't be a difficult process.

• Hi all,

While we work to improve the new forum, you CAN change the email notification options via your 'Settings' option at the top of the forum, when logged in. Check out the Site Options and just switch off notifications if you do not want them for now.

Thanks,

Josh

• I prefer: Life is like a box of chocolates. A cheap, thoughtless, perfunctory gift that nobody ever asks for.

• Josh, can you explain those settings? Or even better, how should this be set up so it behaves like a normal forum? i.e. receive alerts to replies to topics we post or option to follow a particular topic, but not be spammed on everything? As far as I can see we can turn off all notifications or there's brief mention of "conversations" - what are they? Turning off all would make it like before - this was the ONLY failing of the other forum (and I'm sure that could have been easily addressed).