Kaseya Community

VSA 9.5 feedback and impressions

• I haven't seen a topic on this, so here goes:

Has anyone upgraded to 9.5? How did the upgrade go? Any issues?

What about the new version? What's the user experience like? Any major issues/bugs that need to be addressed by Kaseya?

• We have.  The upgrade went pretty easy and quick. (About an hr and fifteen minutes)

We do have quite a few issues that have popped up.  

Master Role can not see everyone private procedure folders. Although if you search for a procedure it does bring up results in private folders.(identified by Kaseya via ticket as a known issue)

In the Anti-Virus classic module we cannot delete some viruses from the console. 

We were super excited about the Warranty Master integration with 2 way sync. But when it syncs it pretty crashes our server and we need to reboot.  So weve stopped that obviously.

LiveConnect on the first attempt just sits on at the circle connecting and never connects. Have to cancel it and try again. 2nd time always connects.

Just opened another ticket because some of our engineers can't see computers in the alerts view.  But this may not be related to 9.5. Have not heard yet.

put the known issue in wrong part.
    [edited by: Corey Crossman at 8:05 AM (GMT -8) on Feb 14, 2018]
  • I should also add that the two main reasons we did the upgrade was to try and fix some issues we are having with Service Desk and to use the 2 way sync Warranty Master integration.  The upgrade didn't fix the Service Desk issue and you saw my comment about Warranty Master.  Having powershell in KLC is "cool" but really doesn't do much for us on the help desk side of things.  

• The main feature we were excited about is 3rd party TAP support for SaaS customers however I've heard no updates on how this is actually being implemented. We can't install software on our SaaS accounts since they're shared servers so I have no idea how things like Webroot integration will work. I watched the Kaseya VSA update video and it just mentions it as being an exciting feature.

• Corey - What's your SD issue?  We've had an SD ticket open for more than a year for events randomly causing duplicate (up to 5) tickets to be created, and only 1 is processed successfully. Most of our MSP clients see this effect, and it happens even when we turn off our back-end code.

We've seen the same Live Connect issue.

The Master procedure view issue is strange. On my primary workstation, I can only see my own procedures - which sucks because I have to review and approve any procedures written by others. However, when I log into the shared PC in one of the conference rooms, I see all of the private procedures. Only difference is my primary is W10, conference PC is W7.

Our upgrade was pretty quick - about an hour - and mostly uneventful - initially. We had an MSP client update and one of the stored SQL Views we created disappeared, which caused KServer.exe to crash every 2 minutes or so. We updated our Daily Maintenance procedure on Tuesday to eliminate the need for that stored view by reading the data from the agent's registry. Well, apparently the VSA will crash if you (try to) read a registry value that doesn't exist. Day and a half of KServer.exe crashing every 90 seconds until support was able to link the crashing service to a procedure.

I'm building 3 new VSA platforms and the install process so-far refuses to connect to SQL. Not sure if it's 9.5 or that we're now using CORE edition on the SQL servers with a separate SRS.

I haven't even had time to look at Warranty Master integration yet...

Glenn

• So how has this been going for everyone? No news is good news?
  • They upgrade process was smooth as usual, but after completing the upgrade we've had some issues. Two issues with the acronis budr module (install screen isn't visible and passwords can't be changed as they will be set to no password), and also we don't have the new software management module at all (the patch management part is supposed to be included in core vsa so we should have it but not the 3rd party app capabilities because those cost extra).

Aside from those two issues it has been f
  • Eric, I found the upgrade easy and seamless. The Software management is a licensing issue with Kaseya, put in a support ticket or contact the sales rep and they can fix. You then have to install the module once the license is corrected.

• Oddly, the Live Connect / Remote Control works for some of our work machines and not for others. I have 2 computers and only one needs the work-around (opening live connect first and leaving it open), but the other is flawless. i have a hunch that some remnant Live Connect or KRC is sticking around somehow. i did a removal with revo but maybe there is more that I missed. If anyone figures this out please update this thread!

• Is it possible to use PASTE now when remote user? (WIN LOGIN)

• Ditto on the Remote Control problems. We upgraded a few days ago and are unable to Live Connect / Remote Control to most machines. The Remote Control will either hang while trying to connect, or connect and then freeze up. We have a ticket open and the Kaseya L1 did some basic troubleshooting but we've not heard anything further yet. They wouldn't escalate to P1 because our server isn't technically down /eyeroll We just want to know if a fix is imminent or we have to find another solution.

We're also seeing the issue with Master role not able to view Private procedures.

• This may seem more than obvious, but did you make sure the agents were also upgraded?  More than once I've put in a patch that required an agent update for remote control to work, and if I forget about it nobody can use remote control until the agents get the update.  Then of course, I'll run the agent update on all machines but some are offline or others ignore it the first go-around, so random machines won't work.

Seems too obvious, but maybe they also have a legitimate problem where an agent gets upgraded and the updates just "didn't take" on it for remote control to work correctly.  I think there's an option to force upgrade even on agents who are already on the latest version, might be worth trying.

• Since we upgraded to 9.5, two or more techs cannot connect to the same machine.  BIG BIG Headache.  We have a ticket in and they have been pretty good at working it and keeping the communication open. Hopefully they get it fixed.

•  Thanks for posting that. I'm keeping an eye on that ticket.

• I have seen somewhat similar issues in the past (not so much recently) and something that worked in the few cases I had seen was to uninstall the Kaseya Live connect software from the technician's PC and then reinstall it, and then use the upgrade agent menu to force the agent to reinstall the agent. After that we hadn't had issues on the technician side, but from time to time we do still have to force agents to reinstall using the upgrade menu in the manage agents screen.