Kaseya Community

Frustrated by Level 1 support

• It's been a long, rough day with KAV and KAM so I'm venting.

What's the point in properly coding our support tickets as either KAV or KES if Level 1 is going to turn around and ask if we're referring to Kaspersky or AVG?  Are they not familiar with their products or do most people using the support portal not know whether they're using KAV or KES?  Or, is it possible I've misread everything and KAV can refer to either Kaspersky or AVG?

Sorry, as I said I'm just venting.

• You'd be surprised how many folks get them confused. As you probably know getting clarity is very important when troubleshooting so I'm sure they are asking just to be certain. We even have customers using both so better to be safe and ask then chase a solution for the wrong product. 

On Sep 17, 2011, at 2:18 PM, "Bill Curnow" <bounce-Bill_Curnow@kaseya.com> wrote:

It's been a long, rough day with KAV and KAM so I'm venting.

What's the point in properly coding our support tickets as either KAV or KES if Level 1 is going to turn around and ask if we're referring to Kaspersky or AVG?  Are they not familiar with their products or do most people using the support portal not know whether they're using KAV or KES?  Or, is it possible I've misread everything and KAV can refer to either Kaspersky or AVG?

Sorry, as I said I'm just venting.

• yip had that happen with other products

These days i create a video of my issue with all the steps taken to clear everything up

• Hello Bill,

I have reviewed the ticket and would like to apologize on behalf of the agent who responded to this ticket.  You made it very clear what product you were using.  I have talked to the analyst concerned and will make sure that we take the necessary actions to make sure we reduce this from happening again.

I will review this ticket personally and make sure it goes to the correct people asap.  Please feel free to contact me if you would like to discuss this ticket further and or would like any more information.

Thank you,

Mark Baldwin

Customer Service Manager - Auckland.

Kaseya

[edited by: mark.baldwin at 6:02 PM (GMT -7) on 9-18-2011] Changed to the correct Name
  • You sure this post was for me ? cos i didn't  say what i was referring to so im not sure how you could have spoken to the analyst and it was a while ago now?

i would like to talk to you about an issue with support closing calls all the time though

• Apologise, looking at the wrong post at the time.  Please feel free to e-mail me or call on the support line and ask for me direct.

Thanks,

Mark Baldwin

• Michael Dixon

These days i create a video of my issue with all the steps taken to clear everything up

Ouch, that's a lot of extra work... but I certainly understand what lead you to do that.

• What's the best way to get support to respond to a ticket (beyond their boiler-plate response)?  They've been sitting on a ticket for 4 days now.  The boiler-plate mentioned setting the ticket to "Open" to get their attention but (1) the ticket is already "Open" and (2) I've never seen an option for changing a ticket's Open/Closed status.  I know I can cause a stink with my rep, but I'd really rather not do that.  How do others in the community handle situations like this?

• Call them?

• Everything I've read on Kaseya's website and in their support expectation document lays out a "don't call us, web us" policy, but you're right, I may well have to do that.  

• It's simple really.  You pay for support.  They give you support.  If one of those items are not met to expectations, then there's a problem.

• In that I think we're in full agreement.

• I've always been told by Kaseya that if you don't think your ticket is getting handled properly, you should call in.

Here is a link to their support policy with expected response times

www.kaseya.com/.../Kaseya.2.Customer.Support.Policy.pdf

• My best suggestion for support is create the ticket and add as much detail as possible via the portal.  Then call.  

• Brendan, that's always good advice, however from personal experience more often than not any detail I add to a ticket will be ignored by Level 1.  That hasn't stopped me from providing as much detail as possible, but I do so knowing that I'm largely wasting my time.

[edited by: Bill Curnow at 7:02 AM (GMT -7) on 10-4-2011] Correct spelling