Kaseya Community

Suggestion tweaks for Kaseya Customer Portal emails

• I really wasn't sure where to post this, and it really isn't "trouble-ticket worthy" so I thought I'd throw it out here.

We've been uncovering our fair share of bugs lately and have worked on six tickets with Kaseya's support team in the last week.  The volume has made the subject format Kaseya uses for its support emails particularly annoying as it doesn't include the subject of the ticket, just the Ticket ID and a brief status message.  It makes it somewhat difficult to find a specific email without having to run a search.

I'd like to urge Kaseya to add the ticket's subject or abstract to the ticket email's subject line.  If they're concerned about space there's a lot that can be removed in the interest of space:

• "Kaseya Support Ticket" - the email came from support@kaseya.com so just say "Ticket"
    • "~ticid=" is it really necessary to tell me what the name of the field is you're using to include the Ticket ID?

That would transform the typical email subject from:

"Kaseya Support Ticket ~ticid='CS053805' has been updated"

to a more managable:

Ticket CS053805 "'The hash code is invalid' when trying to view an Agent Procedure" has been updated

I'm not saying our internal ticketing system is better, but we've been writing our subject lines like that for some 20 years and it's cut down on quite a bit of confusion.

Anyway, just wanted to throw that out there.

• Great feedback Bill!  Thanks.  I will get this to the right folks here at Kaseya.

• Brendan,

Just wanted to nudge this a little.  Here's what my in-basket looks like this morning:

That's five tickets, although I had to count three times just to be certain. Don't ask me what each one is, but when support calls (from experience) the conversation will start this way:

K: Hello, I'm so-and-so with Kaseya.  I'm calling about your ticket.

Me: Which one?

K: 68748.  Anyway, I'd like to look....

Me: [interrupting] Which ticket is that?

Very frustrating.

• Thanks for the feedback Bill, I can see how that would be frustrating.  I will make sure the customer service team is made aware.

• Hello Brendan,

I face various issues with your customer portal.

Today when I created a new ticket.

added the information.

Then attached a log file

And then I saved and closed it.

But  all the description which I added earlier disappeared and only files that are attached remained there.

I had to update the ticket again with info

• Sorry to hear that Yogesh.  I will forward your experience to the dev team responsible for the portal.

On Wed, Sep 7, 2011 at 7:02 AM, Yogesh <bounce-singhalyogi@kaseya.com> wrote:

Hello Brendan,

I face various issues with your customer portal.

Today when I created a new ticket.

added the information.

Then attached a log file

And then I saved and closed it.

But  all the description which I added earlier disappeared and only files that are attached remained there.

I had to update the ticket again with info