Kaseya Community

Is anyone interested in purchasing our Kaseya VSA and BUDR Licenses?

This question is not answered

We no longer plan to use Kaseya in our business going forward and would like to sell our licenses to another MSP who could make good use of them.  We own 100% of our licenses and are currently paying maintenance on them.

If you are interested in a great deal, please contact me at jdags@yahoo.com.

Thank you.

[edited by: Brendan Cosgrove at 1:38 PM (GMT -8) on 2-9-2011] .
All Replies
  • Typically your Kaseya licenses are not transferable.  Please refer to the EULA and our Terms and Conditions here:

EULA:  http://www.kaseya.com/download/en-US/Files/EULA.pdf

Terms and Conditions:  http://www.kaseya.com/Legal/Software-and-Service-Terms.aspx

If you have any questions you can contact your Account Manager, or let me know and you I can get you in touch with the right people here at Kaseya to talk about your options.

• Kaseya should stop marketing their software packages as a "Business Asset Purchase" at the point of sale if they are not going to allow people to sell it.

If Kaseya considers it an "Asset" then any asset can be sold.  If they consider it a subscription, then call it that.

• Totally Agree mcsnetwork

"In financial accounting, assets are economic resources. Anything tangible or intangible that is capable of being owned or controlled to produce value and that is held to have positive economic value is considered an asset. Simply stated, assets represent ownership of value that can be converted into cash (although cash itself is also considered an asset)."

[edited by: Brendan Cosgrove at 1:39 PM (GMT -8) on 2-9-2011] .
  • There are some very specific scenarios in which Kaseya licenses can be "sold" or "transferred" but I'm not the best person to go over those details.  I will have someone contact you mcsnetwork to go over your options.  I can say that our agreements and terms are very standard type terms for software purchases.  

• Brendan,

It's funny how you recommend contacting our Account Manager.  That is exactly what we have been trying to do for 2 months!  We have done so with multiple (documented) emails and voicemails and we can't even get a return email or a callback!!!  His name is Jason Dettbarn for what it is worth.  Is he still alive and still working at Kaseya?

Truth of the matter is that we are a tiny customer to Kaseya.  While shelling out close to $100k to Kaseya over 4+ years is very significant to my business, it does not even register with Kaseya.  

In regards to our right to sell our licenses, I agree with mcsnetworks below.  When we struck our purchase deal with Kaseya back in 2007, it was described as an Asset.  That's what our accountant considers it as well.  It was also described to us if we stopped making payments at any certain point we would OWN however many licenses we could pay for with the payments we made up to that point.  It was NEVER described to us as a subscription service.  Maybe things are different with the newer SaaS model.  

Furthermore, I personally have spoken to some current Zenith partners that are ex-Kaseya partners that have sold their Kaseya licenses with Kaseya's knowledge.  So perhaps you could do some research and enlighten us all with those details.

Thank you

[edited by: Brendan Cosgrove at 1:39 PM (GMT -8) on 2-9-2011] .
  • I'm sorry for your frustration.  Please email me directly with your name and your company name and I will have someone reach out to you.  This isn't something that can be solved on the community.

[edited by: Brendan Cosgrove at 8:58 AM (GMT -8) on 2-9-2011] .
  • I am pretty sure most software companies do not allow you to sell their software after it has been sold to you (I am not talking about resale here either). I do find most will transfer the license over to someone else if the company was puchased. For example, company A is bought by Company B. Then I'm pretty sure K would allow Company B to acquire the K asset that Company A had invested into Kaseya. So in this instance, Company B probably paid for the asset value of the K licenses.

Now lets say if K allowed anyone who bought the license to just resale it to anyone else if he does not like it. This would probably devalue the purchase of new licenses (why buy new when you can get it from someone else cheaper???), plus devalue their maint program (same thing). So this is why most software vendors will write into their agreements that you cannot resale the license to someone else (Microsoft included in this). Sucks, but its just the way it is.

[edited by: Brendan Cosgrove at 1:40 PM (GMT -8) on 2-9-2011] .