Kaseya Community

Email responses -- supported or not?

This question has suggested answer(s)

I can't tell if email responses to email from postings on this forum are supported or not.   The emails don't say, and there's no error if I do, but the responses don't seem to show up.  And I can't find an effective way to search on the point within this forum; for all I know, it's been answered, but if so, I don't see it.

So... are they?  And why isn't it working, or why isn't the lack of support better documented?

/kenw

All Replies
  • Currently email replies to posts are not supported.  This functionality will be integrated in the future.  When they are supported the email notification will include a line that says something along the lines of "you can reply to this email to update the thread."

• So, did it ever occur to anyone that either:

a) the emails should actually SAY "do not reply", or

b) if you DO reply, you should get a bounce messave saying it's not supported?

c) all of the above?

No?   Nobody thought of that?   Too subtle?

Geesh.  

/kenw

[edited by: Ken Wallewein at 1:03 PM (GMT -7) on 10-25-2010] Fixed datails
  • All of the above did occur to me, in fact.  :)  The trick is that those emails are system generated, so it'll take some custom coding to change that message.  At this point, the integration of email will happen before I can get that custom coding done.  :)

• Hey, you get points for trying, Brendan!

But is it that hard to generate a bounce email reply?

/kenw

[edited by: Ken Wallewein at 1:53 PM (GMT -7) on 10-25-2010] add detail
  • Works great for me! Must be Ken's fault!   :-)