Kaseya Community

Internet Explorer Version Report

This question is answered

I need some assistance on creating a report to display any agents that do not have Internet Explorer 11 installed. All of these agents are currently offline but I believe we should still be able to retrieve the data from the last successful audit. Can someone give me a walk-through on creating the proper report? I've tried several options and I'm not getting any results. We're on Kaseya Ver. 9.0. Thank you.

Verified Answer
  • To do this without the need of a custom field I create a report part in Info Center using the "Audit > Application" group I then selected the following fields;

• Computer Name
    • Product Name
    • Version

And used the following advanced filter option to show only the installed Internet Explorer;

The output looks something like this;

All Replies
  • I've been able to accomplish this by creating a new custom field called internet explorer version, then with a procedure, write the current IE version to that field, then run a report based of the information in the column.

My procedure looks like the following.

If getRegistryValue("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\svcVersion") Exists

getVariable("Registry Value", "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\svcVersion", "IEVer", "All Operating Systems", "Halt on Fail")

updateSystemInfo("Internet Explorer Version", "#IEVer#", "All Operating Systems", "Halt on Fail")

For the report, you could create a new Report using Audit category and **new custom report**.

Choose the Audit > Machine summary report part and select the spreadsheet style. Double click the first box and add columns you would like.  Your custom field will not show up, you will need to know its field number starting from 0 (just go to audit and machine summary to see custom field names, start counting from 0). Click next, and then choose an order by or group by if you choose to otherwise press next. In the filter we want to add an advanced filter for the custom field name, operator is "Not Like", and value is 11 or 11*

An easier report is to create a new legacy report and just add the columns, export the report as an xls and use excel to filter the document.

updates
    [edited by: JC Mallozzi at 11:54 AM (GMT -8) on Dec 4, 2015]
  • To do this without the need of a custom field I create a report part in Info Center using the "Audit > Application" group I then selected the following fields;

• Computer Name
    • Product Name
    • Version

And used the following advanced filter option to show only the installed Internet Explorer;

The output looks something like this;