Kaseya Community

Patch Management>Patch Policy menu

This question is answered

Hello,

I am looking at using Kaseya to perform our patching and have been reading the documentation on Kaseya's Patch Management feature.  In the documentation it talks about menu's in Patch Management that are not available in my view.

There appears to be four menus not present.

Patch Management>

Patch Policy>

Create/Delete

Membership

Approval by Policy

Approval by Patch

I do have Patch Management>Patch Policy>KB Override.

We are using a hosted Kaseya solution, I have asked this question the folks that host for us but I have not received a reply.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions/guidance you may have.

Verified Answer
  • mwilliams151,

Kaseya provides the ability to restrict what functions users have access to (via Roles) and which machines users can access (via Scopes).  If you are not a Master or System level user, you may have limited access to the system and the associated agents.  

To determine if you have Master or System access, find your login name in the upper right corner of the VSA screen (after login).  Click or Hover over your name to see your Role(s) and Scope(s).  If you have more than one Role or Scope assigned, you may find the functions and machines available to you change if you switch between the various Roles and Scopes.  

If you do not have access to functions you expect to see, you will need to contact the system administrator for your installation as those are the folks that can either add those functions or explain to you why they've elected to hide them.

Note:  Master users are the highest-level users for an On-Premise server.  System users are the highest-level users for a Cloud-based install.  These two terms are often used interchangeably, though a System user has slightly less access to the VSA due to the tenant nature of the Cloud solution.  

All Replies
  • mwilliams151,

Kaseya provides the ability to restrict what functions users have access to (via Roles) and which machines users can access (via Scopes).  If you are not a Master or System level user, you may have limited access to the system and the associated agents.  

To determine if you have Master or System access, find your login name in the upper right corner of the VSA screen (after login).  Click or Hover over your name to see your Role(s) and Scope(s).  If you have more than one Role or Scope assigned, you may find the functions and machines available to you change if you switch between the various Roles and Scopes.  

If you do not have access to functions you expect to see, you will need to contact the system administrator for your installation as those are the folks that can either add those functions or explain to you why they've elected to hide them.

Note:  Master users are the highest-level users for an On-Premise server.  System users are the highest-level users for a Cloud-based install.  These two terms are often used interchangeably, though a System user has slightly less access to the VSA due to the tenant nature of the Cloud solution.