Kaseya Community

When automation goes wrong

• Ok, it's Friday and it's been a very, very long week, so I'm just going to laugh this one off.  Here's a great example of how automated support can go wrong:

09/23 [Me]         Hey, how do I disable KLC VPN?
    09/23 [Kaseya] Unfortunately this option is not available at this time. There should be a hotfix on the way for this issue.
    09/26 [Kaseya] (set ticket to Awaiting User Feedback)
    09/26 [Me]         Um, OK, here's some feedback
    09/26 [Kaseya] Apologies for any confusion. Unfortunately at the moment there is no disable VPN option.  I am going to pass this onto engineering and we will update you when we have a resolution to this issue.
    09/27 [Kaseya] We've found the issue and have submitted a hotfix for approval.
    09/27 [Kaseya] The Engineering team is preparing a fix to address this issue. Expected release date is 9/29
    10/01 [Kaseya] The Engineering team is preparing a fix to address this issue. Expected release date is 9/29
    10/05 [Kaseya] The Engineering team is preparing a fix to address this issue. Expected release date is 9/29
    10/10 [Kaseya] The Engineering team is preparing a fix to address this issue.  We will inform you when the hotfix is released.
    10/14 [Kaseya] (ticket closed)
    10/14 [Me]         Uh, not to be rude but you might have mentioned that you've released a hotfix to address the issue.  I've now disabled KLC VPN for all users.  Thanks.
    10/14 [Kaseya] The Engineering team is preparing a fix to address this issue.  We will inform you when the hotfix is released.

I'm laughing only because earlier this morning I was stuck in a "Hey I can't install X on Y.  Oh? Just install X, go to Z and grab the logs so you can see why I can't install X?  OK, sure, no problem." conversation with support.  My brain will explode if I don't laugh.

• HA! I've had a long week too, and that is funny.  Funny aside though I've forwarded this along to the folks that managed that part of support.  Thanks Bill.

• Nice!

• I have a ticket with support that has stated a hotfix will be released last month over 15 times now. Every response I send only ends with the same automated message.

I feel your pain...

• @luke.bragg - can you send me your ticket #?  The customer support folks are working on this right now.  :)

• Sure thing Brendan - CS061827

Thanks.

• Great news!  Just heard back from Kaseya Support and their Engineering team is preparing a fix to address the VPN issue mentioned above!  Who hoo!  Any more emails like this and I may just have to start filtering @kaseya.com in our Barracuda ;)

• Hey! At least you're getting responses to your ticket...

• Yup.  Their ticket robot and I have fast become BFFs.

• You're probably better looking than me... Or you talk more sweetly... Or both...

• I've heard back from customer support and customer service teams and they feel like they have this problem resolved.  Part of it was by design, part of it was adjusted.

• It must be progress day in the support department.  They've fixed their robot and I managed to convince them to close a ticket that's remained open and untouched by Kaseya's hands for the last 155 days.

• Hooray for progress!  

• Hi Brendan, Thanks for following up that ticket. It appears to be updated from a real person! Much appreciated.

• I think they should make it a fully automated system like BT's current support lines.

BT: What would you like to discus with us today?

ME: DNS Issues

BT: And what phone number is that relating too?

ME: Argh!

BT: You have chosen 4 Children and 1 Adult to watch Debbie does Dallas in Vegas yesterday at Midday. Enjoy your Movie!