Kaseya Community

Frustrated by Level 1 support

• As I understand it, calling is detailed in the support document as -  "Please be aware, that no service level is applied to inbound calls as availability is limited."

• @Bill - but adding detail when initiating the ticket does help make your call in easier and less prone to delay.  

• Brendan Cosgrove

@Bill - but adding detail when initiating the ticket does help make your call in easier and less prone to delay.  

Sometimes yes, sometimes no.  All of our tickets start with a bolded statement that our VSA is not accessible via the Internet but that hasn't stopped support from telling me to click on the green Create button so they can access the VSA ;)  It's a common delay tactic that, thankfully, has been reduced (but not eliminated).

• " All of our tickets start with a bolded statement that our VSA is not accessible via the Internet but that hasn't stopped support from telling me to click on the green Create button so they can access the VSA ;)  "

That is so true. I get that same request as well. Even when it's already been discussed with support and noted in the ticket that our VSA server is not available on the Internet they still ask for Internet access. It doesn't inspire much confidence in support and leads one to wonder just how much attention they really are paying to one's issues...

• I know from my experience that calling level 1 support does not do much good at all, they basically just answer the phone and tell you that the ticket is in the queue and there is nothing else they can do for you.  Most of the time if it is critical to me I start bugging my rep until something gets done.  Even then it seems like they are good for a day or two but if the ticket has to go to a different department then it is back to the neverending no response.  Even when I start updating the ticket everyday with Is anyone working on this it can go for days before someone finally responds.  They have a serious problem with communication.  If they would just learn to communicate with people and let us know what is going on things would be a whole lot better.

They obviously do not use any kind of escalation procedures based on how long a ticket sits in a queue without being responded too either.  Maybe someone should teach them how to use their own Service Desk correctly.

• I would like to chime in about kaseya support.

Level 1 support itself is delay tectic. Logging tickets through the web is delay tectic. Ofcourse no one from Kaseya will ever accept that but what Kaseya support team managers seem to forget that its not end users logging tickets with them but support professionals who do this day in day out.

Just like Brandan, I was told by someone else that logging the ticket allows them to pass my ticket to appropriate engineer. I logged several tickets with differnt catagories thinking there will be different people dealing with different catagories. But no, same engineer responded with the same question "so you want this?" and then I had to say..."no you didn't even undertand my question what I want is this..."

I do understand that as a business Kaseya simply can't afford to provide phone support but they shouldn't act like "no one will notice".

I bear with them because we all sign the dotted line and in my opinion Kaseya is a good product and the best for my needs. But that's not an excuse for poor support.

• I have had some frustrating times with Level 1 support but they have also helped get other tickets resolved quicker as well.  When creating a ticket I try to be very thorough and attach as many screenshots as possible.  From time to time level 1 will look at the issue in a different way and ask some questions that I just didn't think of when creating the ticket.  There have been a few times the my tickets have been addressed much quicker (sometimes handed to L2 or L3 and resolved within the hour) because of the pre-processing that level 1 is doing.

• I have had similar issues with Kaseya Level 1 Support and I'm actually reluctant to call them now.

I have also had problems with the experts that the issues get escalated to for resolution. With the one case my ticket was escalated to a Developer who I personally thought had a very limited understanding of the Kaseya solution as a whole and what was even more concerning is that he had some mistaken ideas on how the module I raised a ticket for should interact with the Windows OS.

Because of this I’m also very reluctant to purchase any new modules at this point in time. My boss has spoken to our account manager but these support issues several times however he appears pretty much powerless to do anything about it.

Something I would like to know from Kaseya is, what sort of training does the current support staff get put through and are there any plans to put their own staff through the Kaseya Certification?

• ...and now we're simply closing tickets because we don't feel like fixing the problem.

09/21 Me: hey, "x" is showing up when it shouldn't

09/21 Kaseya: yup, we'll be hotfixing it on 9/22

09/21 Kaseya: we'll be hotfixing it on 9/22

09/21 Kaseya: we'll be hotfixing it on 9/22

09/25 Kaseya: we'll be hotfixing it on 9/22

09/26 Me: well "x" doesn't show up anymore, but "xy" is missing now

09/30 Kaseya: we'll be hotfixing it on 9/22

10/05 Kaseya: we'll be hotfixing it on 9/22

10/10 Kaseya: we'll be hotfixing it and will let you know when its been released

10/15 Kaseya: we'll be hotfixing it and will let you know when its been released

10/28 Kaseya: a hotfix has been released; Ticket closed

10/28 Me: um, "xy" is still missing

10/28 Kaseya: we'll be hotfixing it and will let you know when its been released

10/31 Kaseya: a hotfix has been released, please download hotfixes and reapply schema

11/02 Me: "xy" is still missing

11/02 Kaseya: we'll be hotfixing it and will let you know when its been released

11/03 Kaseya: a hotfix has been released, please download hotfixes and reapply schema

11/03 Me: yeah, we download and apply the schema nightly, I'mm telling you "xy" is still missing

11/03 Kaseya: we'll be hotfixing it and will let you know when its been released

11/07 Kaseya: a hotfix has been released, please download hotfixes and reapply schema

11/08 Me: nope, "xy" is still broken

11/08 Kaseya: we'll be hotfixing it and will let you know when its been released

11/08 Me: so we're clear, you broken "xy" when you were trying to fix "x".  "xy" is till broken

11/08 Kaseya: a hotfix has been released, please download hotfixes and reapply schema

12/01 I logged into the portal and noticed the ticket was closed; never received the closure email

• That's interesting, Bill. I can sort of relate, though. They took a problem our system has, agreed it was an issue, and then instead of resolving it turned it into a "feature request".

• Bill I've had a similar experience where a ticket sat for 3 months as it required a fix then it was recreated and closed off without any notification.

From my perspective, I am in the UK though with 24 hour support that shouldn't matter, 1st line support has improved, though still has a lot of work to do.  It's when I get the email saying your ticket has been escalated that my heart sinks deeply as there appears to be no way of chasing without going via your account manager. I once resorted to an email to the VP of Support but I was really really pi$$ed off that day.

• zippo

That's interesting, Bill. I can sort of relate, though. They took a problem our system has, agreed it was an issue, and then instead of resolving it turned it into a "feature request".

Yup, I've had a few go that route as well but I understood the reasoning behind those.  Sometimes unanticipated issues can really only be addressed through an enhancement request instead of a quick bug fix

• @bill and others frustrated by level 1 support:

The KCA certification is an excellent program that offers invaluable benefits, one of which is Priority Support from Kaseya.  All tickets go directly to Level 2 support analysts, and I believe that they promise a one hour initial response time (Brendan please correct me on that if I'm wrong).  It could be a really good option for you considering the title and nature of this thread.  Perhaps Brendan or Dr. Sadjadi could post or send info to those interested.

• I don't need priority support, I just need support that works.  I should not have to pay extra, which is what KCA is, in order to NOT play "It's fixed. No it isn't." for six weeks.  I shouldn't have to pay extra to have unresolved tickets closed because the intern assigned to the ticket doesn't know how to resolve the issue.  I shouldn't have to pay extra to wait 9 hours to get a call back from the global head of Customer Service.

The thing is the issue involved in this mess is nothing... it's a cosmetic bug that should have taken 5 minutes to fix (with another 5 minutes to fix what they broke fixing it). As it's a UI issue, and relatively low-priority one compared to everything else broken with Kaseya, a simple "we're working on it" would have sufficed.  Instead poured gasoline on the fire by spending all of last month telling me to download a hotfix that hadn't been written yet (scheduled for release next week - honest!).

The only good thing to come out of all this is I've learned Kaseya is in the process of completely restructuring their support department.  As I was told on the phone today, they've learned a lot of lessons the hard way lately.  I'm always frustrated when companies fail to plan and I remain cautiously optimistic that they will own these mistakes and learn from them.