Kaseya Community

[Agent Procedures] SLEM - Stolen Laptop & Employee Monitoring (from Kaseya Connect 2015)

As promised during my "SLEM Shady" talk, I'm providing everyone with the download ZIP of the SLEM (Stolen Laptop & Employee Monitoring) Agent Procedures.

Usage instructions are in the Readme.txt file in the root of the ZIP.  Please read the Readme :-)  There are sqlRead()-related files and utilities that need copied to the KServer before the import will work and keep links to files intact.

At the moment, here's a matrix of functions' compatibility based on OS.  Mac functions (in particular the screenshot & webcam capabilities) have not been tested (for lack of a Mac to test on, but they're based on 's Stolen Laptop scripts from Kaseya Connect 2014):

Function Works on PC Works on Mac Works on Linux
Bluetooth Connections Yes No No
Browser History Yes No No
IP Address Yes Yes Yes
Screenshots Yes Hmm No
Webcam Yes Hmm No
Wi-Fi Networks Nearby Yes No No

Obviously, feel free to extend these Agent Procedures to suit your needs.  If you do something cool, please share Big Smile

Obligatory disclaimer: No warranties, expressed or implied.  Use of these scripts should be governed not only by your organizations acceptable use policy, but your Customers' as well.  All included software in \Utilities is freeware (to the best of my knowledge); however, the links in \Documentation should be checked periodically to ensure you're within licensing restrictions.  Don't be creepy.  Dry clean, do not wash.  Batteries not included.

Comments
  • [Agent Procedures] SLEM - Stolen Laptop & Employee Monitoring (from Kaseya Connect 2015)

Great presentation and an excellent exploration into various mechanics of Agent procedures!

• [Agent Procedures] SLEM - Stolen Laptop & Employee Monitoring (from Kaseya Connect 2015)

Does this work in SaaS?

Is a place online I can view this presentation?  

I don't believe that this will work in SaaS, unfortunately... there's some hackery involved (though I don't remember exactly what it was... I just remember that it won't work in SaaS ATM).  The presentation wasn't recorded (unfortunately) and they didn't ask for a "sanitized" version of my slide deck (I don't want the pictures of the guy who stole the laptop to be public per-se).  Best course of action is to play with the script, understand how it works, and see what you can do with it :-)

Any chance there has been an update to enable this to work in the SaaS environment yet? :)

Is there a video to the original presentation or a user guide for this?

Hi Brian,

I have followed all system which is given in text file but procedure goes to failed. When i am checking the log then i found the "VSASharedFiles\_\SLEM\notImplemented.csv" and VSASharedFiles\_\SLEM\notImplemented.txt  file not found but when i was check the slem folder so i can't find both files can you have the files please share with me.

Thanks,

Pawan

I had the same issue as Pawan Singh: missing the notImplemented.csv" and notImplemented.txt.

Inside the Procedure (Step 2 - All) Initialize SLEM Variables & Files^ Setting the steps to push these files to the endpoint to disabled (Lines 102, 104 and 106) has worked for me so far.

I have not yet tested all the functionality though so I'm not sure if this breaks something further down the line.