Kaseya Community

Resources

Resources
The place to find product documentation, user guides, video demos, and scripts/procedures shared within the community

___

PST File Corrupted! :(

I was working on Outlook while I accidentally face an application crash that has emptied my mailbox. Now when I am trying to recover emails using PST file, it is inaccessible and every time I try to open it, I get error messages. I am sure this has gone corrupted. Can anyone suggest me a right way to restore original PST file or if there is any copy that my system must be saving for it. Your help is much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Comments
  • PST File Corrupted! :(

Hi Jamie,

You posted this in the scripts and monitor sets section. You should post it in the General section of the community.

Use Scanpst.exe. to Repair Outlook Data Files (.pst and .ost)

office.microsoft.com/.../repair-outlook-data-files-pst-and-ost-HA010354964.aspx

You should run Microsoft Inbox repair tool (scanpst.exe) to fix your problems. But here is rare chances to get back poorly corrupted PST using this free utility. Because scanpst.exe is able to fix minor level of corruption and stops responding when PST file is corrupted badly. As an alternative, you have to go with a commercial Outlook recovery solution. It will completely repair all corruptions and errors and save entire data into new healthy PST format.

Read More Details:

www.pcvita.com/recover-outlook.html

You can repair corrupted PST files using ScanPST.EXE utility. It is one of the safest and easiest method for repairing a PST file. Follow this link; manualdatarecovery.wordpress.com/.../how-to-repair-pst-files-using-scanpst-exe The post here talks in details about how to repair PST files with this tool. Step by Step manual solution will make it easier for you to understand and apply the tool specifics.

Whenever PST file gets corrupt due to any reason, an Outlook user must use the Inbox Repair tool. It's commonly known as scanpst.exe utility. It comes as a built-in repair tool with Microsoft Outlook client. Via scanpst.exe utility, you can scan corrupt PST file for errors and fix them with ease. It'll create a new PST file containing all the mailbox content.

Refer to this blog post to know more about scanpst.exe utility, its location and how to use it - wordpress.semnaitik.com/.../best-pst-repair-tools

I hope the shared information would be helpful here.

Thanks and best regards.