Kaseya Community

Resources

Resources
The place to find product documentation, user guides, video demos, and scripts/procedures shared within the community

___

Unattended Deploy / Remove for LogMeIn for Windows & Mac

I created a series of scripts to aid in deploying/removing LogMeIn for both Windows and Mac.

A prerequisite for these scripts is that you must have a LogMeIn Central account.

Using LogMeIn Central you can create deployment packages that have a Deployment ID tied to them. This Deployment ID automatically binds the agent to your account, and can also move the install into the appropriate groups.

In our environment I've created some additional scripts to add options to choose different Deployment IDs so upon deployment the agent binds the machine to the right account/group.

To get the Deployment ID for Windows:

Create a deployment in LogMeIn Central.

Change the deployment method to Command or Batch File and copy the string after 'DEPLOYID='.

Fill the variable in the LogMeIn Install - Win

To get the Deployment ID for Macs:

Create a deployment in LogMeIn Central.

Click the link to Test Link

Download the installer zip. Extract the archive. Control Click the installer and click Show Contents. Open this file: /LogMeInInstaller.app/Contents/Resources/deployment.txt

Fill the variables in the LogMeIn Install - Mac

Comments
  • Unattended Deploy / Remove for LogMeIn for Windows & Mac

Unbelievable script!!! havent fully tested but working on that now.

Just one question, when setting the variables in the mac install script you have one variable called "mahname"

What is that? i didnt see it in the deployinfo.txt

Also does it matter who's name/email goes into deploy deployname and deployemail? Can it be anyone's or does it have to be associated to an actual account?

So far i just tested the LogMeIn uninstall for windows script (on windows 7 64x) but doesnt seem to be working.

When i run it, it completes in about 15 seconds. I checked an i still see msiexec.exe running so the script did not wait for completion which is should have. That process runs for about 10 minutes then closes. After it stopped logmein was still installed.

I tried deleting the last step where it deletes the logmein.msi file to see if its actually pulling form the website and it is.

hmm.. can you check if set credential is set for the windows machines?

i've used that windows script on 500+ Win XP/7 32/64 bit machines.