Kaseya Community

Resources

Resources
The place to find product documentation, user guides, video demos, and scripts/procedures shared within the community

___

Desktop Collector - Helps Users submit Screenshots/Video/Audio

Summary:

When published via the Kaseya user portal, this agent procedure enables a user to easily submit either a screen shot or video with audio recording of their desktop for both Windows or OS X. A simple series of Yes/No prompts will be displayed to confirm, preview, and submit a screen shot or video/audio capture, with a reference ID number displayed at the end that can easily be referenced in a ticket and subsequently viewed by help desk team.

Just download the file and unpack the contents.  The installation and usage instructions are in the Readme.  

Comments
  • Desktop Collector - Helps Users submit Screenshots/Video/Audio

Just updated the download file, if you grabbed it before re-download it. The file is now 20KB not 13MB :)

Nice script! The only problem I encounter is the error message "file not found or access denied" when I want to play the recorded video. The preview screen shows the recorded desktop, pushing the play button gives this error. Playing the video before uploading works. Tried IE, Firefox and Chrome. Screenshot works fine.

I will check that out with you then, Jochem. It could be a permission issue at the server with the KDC folder in your Kaseya\Webpages directory. I'll message you directly to follow up and try to look at it this weekend.

The fix was really simple. You need to manually add FLV as a Mime type if you are using Windows Server 2003:

www.codescene.com/.../enabling-the-flv-mime-type-in.php

Really nice script, trying to work out a way it will add the files to a service desk ticket or email us.

I know how to reference the .flv file as a URL but the screenshot and the .htm file is in the ..\docs\ directory for each agent. Not really sure how to turn this into a URL that support can click on in an email or a ticket.

Lenksi,

I think I will update the procedure to reference the screenshot the same way I reference the video, as an HTM file.

My next project is to get the results automatically added in the appropriate service desk ticket. I'd be happy to work with you on putting this in place with service desk procedures.

I think I'd first just start off by putting some logic in place to find any recent screenshot submissions and add them in the notes of the service desk ticket, perhaps just looking for any *.htm files in the agent docs folder that are under 1 hour or so old and if we find them, add the contents of the HTM right in the notes.

This script seems to be very nice, but when I try to import it I always get the error "The file to import could not be located and there is no text to import."

Any ideas?

After using every king of browser I succeded in iporting it!

Hi Ben, Thanks for this. Can you please upload the Tools as well? When I download the folder it's still 20KB and the URL's in the Readme seems to be invalid.

quick question:

I got it working, and was able to find the file buried in the user profiles on our kaseya server. Is there a way to send the screenshot in an email or store it in the shared files directory where the kdcfiles are located? that would be most helpful.

Alternateively, how are the KAseya Admins expected to find and reference the screenshots/videos without doing a search on the physical Kaseya server?

Thanks in advanace,

Jonathon

praayj@linkedtech.com

If you are in Live Connect for the agent  or hover over the agent with Quick View, click the documents link -- you'll see the retrieved screenshots and videos here.

If for some reason you had a problem with the links from the bit.y shortener, here they are in full:

www.ducklink.com/CmdCapture.exe

superb-sea2.dl.sourceforge.net/.../7z465.exe

cdnetworks-us-1.dl.sourceforge.net/.../MPlayer-rtm-svn-32492.7z

media.stefpause.com/.../mencoder.zip

www.videohelp.com/.../lame3.98.2.zip

liveincode.romanrm.ru/.../linco-2.10.zip

www.longtailvideo.com/.../mediaplayer.zip

This only works for hosted versions of Kaseya correct?

@wsoth Actually these procedures appear to be written only for Kaseya Server(on premise).  

Perhaps you all can point me to an agent procedure to ftp the files off the stolen machine? or a hosted equivalent syntax for Get File?

I posted an updated version of the script at community.kaseya.com/.../67639.aspx

It includes the current version of the utilities, fixes the errors due to the new version of utilities/unavailability of original versions, and fixes the errors caused in version 6.2