Kaseya Community

Adobe Flash - Active X - Kaseya 6.0.1 or above only - Windows - Read Description!

This is a new type of application update procedure I've created to allow for a few important features:

•    Automatically leverage Patch Management File Source configuration for application deployment
    •    Deploy new versions of an application without having to change the procedure -- just run it again
    •    Allow for quick modification to deploy new applications by just editing a few lines

Be sure you're using Kaseya 6.0.1 which now supports 'global' variables -- check for this under System --> Configure, you should see your version number at the top. If you need 6.0.1, just contact support.

To import the procedure, just extract the XML and import it with the Agent Procedures -> Import button, clicking either a private or public folder first which the procedure will reside.

As soon as you import, as mentioned in the description of the procedure, be sure edit the procedure and change the two 'Schedule Procedure' steps at the bottom to reference this specific procedure itself.

If you have systems setup to use the Kaseya server as the file source (usually not the case), you should download the application's EXE to the public files folder of your Kaseya server. You can easily upload it with the Agent Procedures -> Manage Files button.

In the case of Adobe Flash for Active X, the actual URL we'll be using will be located at http://files.kaseya.com/sftp/appupdates/flash_active_x/flash_active_x-url.txt -- this text file contains the URL of the file you need to grab.

You will see 'flash_active_x' is a variable in the procedure -- this allows us to quickly change the variable to match a common file and folder structure on our site so myself or other Kaseyans can update these variables to pull down the latest version of an application, negating the need to import a new procedure every time. Ideally, you could schedule this procedure to run regularly to keep Adobe Flash up to date.

Be sure to check the Agent Procedure log as you are testing out this procedure, as I did my best to log down exactly what is happening with the procedure for troubleshooting purposes. You can also use the procedure log to enhance your Executive Summary to show how many times the application has been updated, or to view the results of a large number of systems with a Log -> Agent Procedure log report.

Please post any feedback -- I'm looking forward to seeing how this is received :)

Benjamin Lavalley, Sr. Product Marketing Manager, Kaseya

Comments
  • Adobe Flash - Active X - Kaseya 6.0.1 or above only - Windows - Read Description!

Very awesome robust script!

Would like to see more information on the global variables (nothing in the Kaseya help file yet).

• Adobe Flash - Active X - Kaseya 6.0.1 or above only - Windows - Read Description!

Global variables are needed when you have a nested IF you would like to set a variable with and then have that variable used further in the script.

Hello Ben, sorry for this 'newbie' question, but what do you mean with "be sure edit the procedure and change the two 'Schedule Procedure' steps at the bottom to reference this specific procedure itself."

I don't see which steps to change...

=> Is it this one:  "#vagentconfiguration.agenttempdir#\#app#-64bit-cmd.bat" and this one "#vagentconfiguration.agenttempdir#\#app#-32bit-cmd.bat" ?

Thanks.

Flash Player 10.2 came out yesterday. Any work on when it will be updated by the script?

I second both petersercu question and greatquux question. Please some clarification on what is supposed to be changed at the bottom ?? Also when will you be updating the kaseya link to point to Flash 10.2 as the most recent ?

Flash 10.2 is now supported.

They might be difficult to find, but you'll see the 'Schedule procedure' steps near the bottom, that may even be red when you view the procedure within the GUI. You just need to update the association to refer back to this very same procedure itself.

You also need to upload the new Adobe Flash Active X installer to your Kaseya server to account for any agents you have setup to retrieve their files directly from it.

I cannot get this to work with version 10.3. I downloaded the latest Adobe Flash Active X update from the link to my desktop and I can run it locally fine. When I upload the same file to the shared Kaseya directory and try to run it through Agent Procedures, the script summary shows SUCCESS THEN but it doesn't install or update Flash. Any ideas?

Hi,

When I run this script I get the following error: "Error: Maximum installation attemps of 10 reached. Cancelling scheduled procedure. Please review Procedure log."

Any idea's?

It looks like that the following files are removed or changed: files.kaseya.com/.../flash_active_x-64bit-cmd.bat and files.kaseya.com/.../flash_active_x-32bit-cmd.bat

Because the script can't find the files it fails to execute...

Ben,

We pull directy form the internet in our File Location.

Can this script be used for us?

Where is the files.kaseya.com/.../flash_active_x-url.txt text file?

thanks

The script should still work fine if your file source settings are set to pull from the internet.

Also, this has been updated for flash 10.3

I am trying to run this procedure and running in to an issue.  In the agent's procedure log I am seeing this error:

3:54:04 PM 16-Sep-11 Adobe Flash - Active-X (Internet Explorer) - Windows-3-2-1-Else.6 domain/user

FAILED to create THEN step 3, Use Credentials Set for Machine ID. Error = Invalid Password

So it seems as if the credentials for this machine are bad.  However, when I go to the Set Credential page and run a test on this particular agent, it passes.  Any idea what the invalid password might be referencing?

Thanks!

I tried to get this to work but these urls are giving bad request 404:

files.kaseya.com/.../flash_active_x-32bit-cmd.bat

files.kaseya.com/.../flash_active_x-64bit-cmd.bat

any help would be appreciated.