Kaseya Community

Resources

Resources
The place to find product documentation, user guides, video demos, and scripts/procedures shared within the community

___

Give current user admin rights for 15 minutes (must have Kaseya v6.0.1!)

Someone asked me if this could be done with Kaseya and it was a good request so I wrote up this procedure.

It uses the new "global" variable ability given to us in Kaseya v6.0.1.

Check System -> Configure, at the top you should be on 6.0.1.0.

Just download the zip and under Agent Procedures click a folder then click the Import button.

You will need SOON.EXE for this to run, a utility that is part of the Microsoft Windows Resource Kit.

You can grab it here: http://files.kaseya.com/sftp/soon.zip or on the Microsoft website at http://tinyurl.com/2dg3852.

You can upload this to your server under Agent Procedures then 'Manage Files', uploading it to the public folder.

Be sure to edit this procedure before you run it on any machines and ensure you understand what it does. You can alter the local group the user is added to, as well as determine how long you give them admin rights.

If you wish to make the change permanent, just change the variable at the top from 'temporary' to something else (a later IF check looks specifically for this string).

Enjoy!

Ben

Comments
  • Give current user admin rights for 15 minutes (must have Kaseya v6.0.1!)

Haven't had a use for the script yet but had a look at soon.exe. Yet another tool for the repository. Cheers.

where does soon.exe need to be installed (location)

Hi Ben i have read your post here but not sure what you mean when you say edit the procedure what do i edit. Does soon.exe have to be loaded on to the server for all users or can i just import it for my self under my web login?

Trying to get this to work, i prefer to have users restricted on what they can install and hate having to log them off then back in.

Thanks