Kaseya Community

Resources

Resources
The place to find product documentation, user guides, video demos, and scripts/procedures shared within the community

___

Kaseya VSA REST API GUI

Heya,
Thought I'd contribute with a small tool that i made for debugging and testing calls to the Kaseya Rest API.

The tool does the following:
1. Hashes/encrypts the username and password that you provide along with a random number.
2. Sends the hash to the URL you define and retrieves a token generated by the server.
3. Uses this token as authentication when sending the request that you specify by method and action.
- The methods are GET, POST, PUT and DELETE and defines what type of action you're about to send.
- The action has a few examples preloaded that you can play around with but you can also enter other actions.
- The actions POST, PUT and DELETE all require a message body with a formated string defining your request.
- The arguments and syntax for both action and message body can be found here: http://help.kaseya.com/webhelp/EN/RESTAPI/9040000

Since the Kaseya API documentation isn't super clear when it comes to retrieving the authentication token, I've also included a simple tool with commented source code, explaining every step of the hash and encryption of the username and password.

The tools are written in autoit and source code is included.

Cheers!

Comments
  • Kaseya VSA REST API GUI

Cool idea. A question though, why don't you just use our Swagger interface that provides more details and information on the API in realtime?

• Kaseya VSA REST API GUI

Thanks!

There are four main reasons why i made this GUI.

- Automated token generation upon request.

- Ability to test the API remotely instead of locally.

- Ability to talor looks and functionality.

- Giving back to the community, sharing my findings and perspective.

The swagger GUI is great but it serves a slightly diferent purpose.