KB#:  KKB000016

QUESTION:

When I scan some machines for patches, I see some of the missing patches in a foreign language.

Example:

Critical Security Updates (High Priority)
KB983583 MS10-060 Windows XP Missing
Atualização de segurança do .NET Framework 2.0 SP2 e do 3.5 SP1 no Windows Server 2003 e no Windows XP x86 (KB983583)

I have checked the Regional settings on the machine but there appear to be no languages installed other than English. Why is this happening?

ANSWER:

Kaseya uses the Windows Update Agent (WUA), a Microsoft utility, to perform the scan against the Microsoft Update Catalogue based on installed applications. The detection logic is contained entirely within the WUA code.  The results returned and visible within Kaseya are entirely based on the information supplied to Kaseya through the WUA.api.  If a patch is showing as missing from an endpoint, Microsoft has determined that patch is applicable to the endpoint.  Admins should approve or deny patches based on the requirements of each environment.  Kaseya cannot provide guidance on which patches should or should not be installed within your environment as this will vary based on the needs of the individual business.

MORE INFORMATION:

Check Microsoft for information on WUA:http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com

APPLIES TO:

G1, SMEE, MITSE, IT Center